— • —
Have you guys heard about 30 Before 30? It's basically a list of goals you set for yourself to achieve by the time you hit the big 3-0. Some goals are serious, some goals are fun. I've seen a lot of bloggers doing it, and it makes me think because one of these days… I'll be thirty just like everyone else. I still have time—approximately two years. But you need time to think of these things! Why not start now? New year, new goals. While the list of general life goals will take a little more consideration, I do, however, have an ever-growing "Recipe To-Do List," as I like to call it. I'm finally going to do something about it—I'm combining the two: 30 Before 30—The Recipe To Do List.
Sadly, it will probably take me awhile to get through it. There's not much time for making croissants from scratch or even testing out new cupcake creations. Maybe this can be a little fuel to make these things happen, and maybe give you guys a few ideas too. Or—even better—give you ideas of things you want to order! Now that's not a bad idea, right? ;-) Here's the list so far:
- Mocha Crepe Cake
- Braised Short Ribs
- Red Velvet Funnel Cake*
- Chocolate-Covered Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes (I'm excited for this one, and you should be too!)*
- Meyer Lemon Tart
- Ginger-infused Limoncello*
- Croissants, from scratch
- Chocolate Babka
- Gordon Ramsey's Raspberry Souffle
- S'more Cookie Bars
- My own version of Petit Fours*
- French 75 cocktail
- Blackberry Champagne Baklava (Yeah, sounds good, right?)*
- French macarons, Martha Stewart's version
- Mini fruit-filled Kiss Pies (only, w/out using Hershey Kisses. Yuck...)
- Cannoli Crunch Pie*
- Caramel Stout Frosting*
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake (I'll probably end up altering this, too)
- Homemade gnocchi
- Vietnamese Coffee
- Donuts to accompany that Vietnamese Coffee
- Ice Cream. Possibly peanut butter... or something...
- Beef Wellington
- Mini Grilled Cheese on a Stick
* denotes recipes I plan to make up or alter... a lot.
Alright, so I'm just a little under 30. Hey, I have time—I have to seriously consider my options here! Plus, it'll be good to leave a few blanks since I'll have two years to do this. I'm sure something will change. From the time I started this post to the time I reread the list 2 days later, I already debated "Do I really want to commit to that?"
January's passing by quickly, so it's time to get crackin'! And if you make your own Recipe To Do List, holler at me. I'd love to hear about it! :-)