Saturday, January 17, 2009

sugarlush goes public.















i'm a bit of a cupcake connoisseur. most of the time, i'm a little let down. the cake's not moist enough. the icing's too thick and sugary. and what disappoints me most of the time: FLAVORS THAT ARE PROMISED BUT NOT DELIVERED.


i took matters into my own hands. we're lacking sophisticated, "couture" cupcakes here in columbus. i love to bake, so i've been practicing--JUST FOR YOU. i bake a mean cupcake, whether they're vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or carrot. BUT i make an even better frosting. i can't define it by any technical terms because it's my own creation--it's just a fluffy piece of heaven full of flavor and beauty.
and if i say it's a certain flavor, it packs a whollop--not just a teaspoon of some sort of extract.

so let's talk guys. do you need cupcakes? yes. you do.

think about it. they're perfect individual portions. they're a little trendy but always a classic. they're fluffy and delicious and face it...they're really stinkin cute. whether you need them for a birthday, baby shower, trying to impress somebody, or just having a really bad craving, you should call me or email me. here's the details:

:::cake flavors:::

• vanilla (yellow)

• chocolate

• red velvet

• spice

• pumpkin

• brown sugar

• strawberry

• carrot


:::frostings, or as i like to say, where the magic happens:::

• cream cheese (basic)
• vanilla malt (a delicious twist on a classic)

• amaretto

• chocolate fluff

• chocolate ganache (a gorgeous, rich, smooth and oozy goo as opposed to big and fluffy)
• spicy chocolate ganache
• cinnamon cream cheese

• strawberry

• raspberry amaretto (SERIOUSLY, guys. this one is a real crowd pleaser.)

• salty caramel (also a very popular crowd pleaser)
• creamy citrus glaze (amazing on chocolate cupcakes)

• chai spice

• cookies & cream


other:
caramel cheesecake with a chocolate chip cookie crust.

I need to know AT LEAST a week in advance. For orders of 4 dozen or more, I require two weeks notice.

I charge $15/dozen. it's more than kroger, yes, i know. It's a little over a dollar per cupcake, which is cheaper than most fancy, formal bakery places in town. PLUS, they're better. So it all evens out. For the amount of ingredients I use and the extra love and care that goes into each batch, it's worth every penny. I accept cash, check, or credit card. (yes, credit card. b/c my generation doesn't
carry cash anymore.)

For extra special orders or expensive recipes, there will be an additional charge of $5-15. What does that mean? It means I need to go out and buy a lot of really expensive chocolate, I need to garish your lovely darlings with something special (fruit, candy bars, etc), that sort of thing. I'll let you know if you will incur this charge once I receive your request. contact info. email me at mlpenner@gmail.com xoxo, sugarlush.
















No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation